From Highlands, to Boquete and even at the Gulf of Chiriqui, there are Activities for All to Enjoy
Learn where the Most Expensive Coffee in the World is Produce, do Whale Watching, Discover a Waterfall, Relax at the Beach, Enjoy this and Much More. Chiriquí is a province west of Panama that borders Costa
Learn where the Most Expensive Coffee in the World is Produce, do Whale Watching, Discover a Waterfall, Relax at the Beach, Enjoy this and Much More.
Chiriquí is a province west of Panama that borders Costa Rica and the Pacific Ocean. The most important city in this province is David, to the north is the Chiriqui highlands and the Barú Volcano National Park, the highest point in Panama (3,475 mts). It can be reached by plane from Panama City or by road either bus or private vehicle.
This province has historically been a pioneer in the realization of outdoor activities surrounded by dense and beautiful nature. Here you can go hiking, climbing and river rafting.
Highlands: It has a spectacular landscape and next to the mountain it is the perfect place to walk along the Los Quetzales trail, the Barú Volcano National Park and La Amistad International Park. You can also go bird watching on these trails. In the Macho de Monte Canyon you can enjoy a dip in its refreshing waters. Las Nubes, is an agricultural town where idyllic fields and landscapes are found, this route leads to the park entrance.
Boquete: It is the most important mountain town in the country, with a cool climate and surrounded by the Chiriqui highlands, it is an ideal destination for almost all ecotourism activities such as: hiking, canopy (zip line) in the jungle, walk to the waterfalls, rafting in Chiriquí Viejo River, horseback riding, trecking in the Quetzales and bird watching where you can see the rare and elusive Quetzal.
—Sun and Beach—
Spend the day on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Pacific, Las Lajas is the beach to visit, which is 75 kilometers from David by road. Here you can find kilometers of beach, big enough to never be crowded. There are also hotels and cabins for the night as well as restaurants that serve culinary delights in the area. There is also La Barqueta beach, 30 minutes from the city of David. A beautiful white sand beach with waves ideal for surfing, one of the favorite places for those who live in this beautiful province. If you want to have an offshore adventure is the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park, where it is possible to observe the passage of humpback whales, giant mammals that come to settle in their breeding place every year between the months of July and September.
—The Coffee Tour—
It is a large number of coffee farms located in Renacimiento, Highlands and Boquete. Harman, Grupo Eleta, Apre and Cándela, are at Renacimiento District. Janson, Ceriana, Carmen Estate Coffee, New Switzerland, Lara Brothers and Bambito Estate, are in the Highlands district. Boquete Tree Trek, Kotowa, Lérida, Elida, Don Pachi, Princesa Janca, Café Ruiz, La Milagrosa, Don Pepe and Hacienda Mamecillo, are in the Boquete District.
In each farm the Visitor will be able to tour the facilities, and the areas where the best coffee beans are harvested. In this new route the tourists will live the complete experience of sowing, harvesting and packaging, until tasting a delicious cup of coffee, all while you get to know the farmer who does this difficult work daily. You can also live the experience of trying different types of coffee accompanied by renowned tasting experts. In this experience you will learn why the flavors of nuts, fruits or flowers develop in the grain and how the process and roasting affect the flavor and, above all, how to recognize a good coffee.
—Things to do—
- Discover the Three Lost Waterfalls Trail, one of the most stunning jungle trails in Boquete. From one patch of wildflowers to the next discover the beautiful vistas until reaching the three breathtakingly powerful and mind-blowingly beautiful waterfalls.
- Walk the Pipeline Trail, another great hike, just outside Boquete Town. Walk alongside a river through the jungle until reaching a massive yet slow-descending cascade at the end of the trail.
- Rock Climbing Wall, on the way to Bajo Mono, the location of the Lost Waterfall Trek there is an epic Basalt rock climbing wall. The best part about it is that is completely natural.
- Reserve a day to hike at Quetzales Trail.
- One of the most popular hikes near the small town of Boquete in Panama. The Boquete region has a variety of trails to choose from yet Los Quetzales remains the top of the list for visitors.
- Take a Swim at Choclon Waterfalls.
- A beautiful twin falls at the end of a small gorge. The tiny amphitheater is the perfect place for a short hike and to hang out in the afternoon with friends on a sunny day.
- Pipeline Trail是另一个著名小径，坐落于Boquete郊区外。沿着河流穿越丛林，直到小径的尽头。那里有一个巨大的瀑布，从上方缓缓降下。
- La Piedra del Lino，这是Boquete地区最短但却又最艰苦的小径。虽然只有短短的1.3公里，但海拔却有434米；而每当你攀爬三米，其高度就上升一米。
- Bajo Mnono小径，你可以到达隐藏在丛林的瀑布。那里有一堵高大的岩墙，而更重要的是，这堵墙是天然形成的。
- 你还可以选择游玩Ruta Los Quetzales小径。它是Boquete区小镇最著名的一条小径。虽然Boquete区有许多小径供人选择，但Los Quetzales小径却是游客们必去的小路。