The Best Country to Organize Your Wedding
A country where you can afford having the wedding of your dreams, with natural beauties and facilities that make you fall in Love with Panama is full of destinations that you will fall in love at
A country where you can afford having the wedding of your dreams, with natural beauties and facilities that make you fall in Love with
Panama is full of destinations that you will fall in love at first sight, imagine combining one of these places, with the wedding you always dreamed of and with the person with whom you are in love. It would become the most important and incredible event of your life.
The good thing is that our country is full of romantic destinations to enjoy that long-awaited wedding, from mountains and a country atmosphere surrounded by nature, beaches where you can watch the sunset accompanied by a cool sea breeze. Places that help create magical environments for the most transcendental event in the life of a couple.
Here we make a list of destinations throughout the country that are ideal for a wedding that will leave you with memories for a lifetime.
The Pacific Riviera, Cocle
The sea is always magical in every way, it is also one of the favorite places for weddings, especially in Panama with hundreds of kilometers of coastline on both oceans. However, the Pacific Riviera is where you will find the largest number of places with the necessary infrastructure to set up an event that meets your expectations and to your guests. Here the most romantic and exotic weddings are set up in places such as Dreams Playa Bonita, Playa Blanca Beach Resort, Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort, Decameron and Vista Mar Golf & Beach Resort with direct views of the sea, among many others found in this sector.
Casco Antiguo, Panama City
This tourist destination has no problems if you want to get married in the catholic faith, since it is the area of Panama with the highest density of churches, and with a history that dates back to times of the Spanish Colony and the construction of the Panama Canal. The majority of Panamanians are Catholic, for this reason many couples decide to celebrate their marriage in one of the religious monuments found in this historical site of the city.
The most famous places to have wedding receptions are the historic American Trade Hotel, Hotel Central, Hotel la Concordia Boutique and the most recent opening of the magnificent La Compañia hotel, not to mention the new ones that are about to open soon. In these hotels the halls are so beautiful that they practically do not require decoration.
El Valle de Anton, Cocle
The sound of nature and the cool weather of El Valle de Anton is an ideal environment for intimate ceremonies or for a large number of people. When there is a big wedding, sometimes most of the hotels in this beautiful mountain town are occupied by those attending it, the town is completely transformed. The feeling of being surrounded by mountains and the geological history of the sector generate a unique energy to organize an unforgettable reception. The Casa de Lourdes, the Hotel Los Mandarinos and Hotel Campestre are several ideal places to hold a dream reception.
Panama Viejo, Panama City
It is more than a beautiful place, it is a world-class historical monument, with a history that is felt in every corner, and if you include the stars in a clear summer sky, with fresh flowers and dozens of lamps, it becomes a fairy tale. This is one of the favorite places for weddings in Panama City, El Convento de Monjas is where the “Wedding Planners” put their imagination to fly so that more than 500 years of history look impressive to the couple and the guests.
Located at Chiriqui highlands, Boquete is a romantic destination known for its flowers and coffee production. It has a totally different weather than many other wedding destinations, as it has cooler temperatures. The natural surroundings created by the Baru Volcano will make your wedding an unforgettable romantic experience. Hacienda Los Molinos, Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa, Panamonte, Hotel Finca Lerida are some of the places preferred by couples, however, there are more places where you can have the wedding of your dreams. In Boquete it seems that each corner has its own charm that you can have a wedding right there.
Bocas del Toro Archipelago
Surely it is the farthest destination in Panama for weddings. However, getting married in a marine paradise has its sacrifices and it is worth it since this destination offers the possibility of having your wedding on the sea, with a rich marine life full of exotic fish, manta rays, and even dolphins that come to visit. An aquatic and charming environment that no other destination with a hotel infrastructure can offer. Doing a wedding in this paradise costs a little more due to the logistics of moving many things by ferry or boat to the hotel where it will take place, but it is the opportunity that the “wedding planners” have to unleash their creativity and use the resources with which counts the area.
Isla Colón has hotels such as the Al Natural Resort, Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort, Red Frog Island Beach Resort, The Hummingbird, Red Frog Beach Island Resort, among others. Believe me that both couples and guests fall in love with this place that they return to enjoy it again.
Requirements to get married in Panama
In recent years, Panama has relaxed the procedures necessary to carry out a marriage or union in the country, mainly through measures aimed at making this procedure more flexible, which is widely demanded by tourists.
Next, we mention the requirements and procedures to follow to get married in Panama:
• Application for a marriage license in the court closest to where one of the parties lives.
• Health certificate of both spouses, which will include a physical check-up performed by a doctor with a medical license in Panama, and which must be done 15 days before the marriage.
• Medical lab tests include: Complete Blood Count, Urinalysis, Hemoglobin Electrophoresis, Venereal Disease (VDRL), AIDS (HIV) test.
▪ Birth certificate of the spouses and their children (if applicable). The Birth Certificate must be apostilled, which is a certification of public records issued by the Government of the country of origin that enjoys international recognition. North American citizens must obtain this document at the office of the Secretary of State of the United States. Apostilled documents are delivered to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Panama.
• Singles who wish to marry do not need to submit a single certificate. This may be achieved by signing an Affidavit made in front of a Panama Notary Public and two witnesses (who are not related) confirming the marital status and stating that he or she has always had a single marital status.
• The spouses who are divorced or widowed, must submit the certificate of divorce or death certificate apostilled.
• The marriage ceremony must be witnessed by two people not related to either party.
• Both parties must deliver the aforementioned documents and either the Panama identity card or the passport to the Panama Marriage Court to perform the civil marriage ceremony.
National Directorate of Civil Registry
Address: Omar Torrijos Herrera Avenue, Corregimiento de Ancon, Panama City.
Business hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.